Aug 17, 2006

The manifesto

I hereby would like to relay what I would like to call a Humanist Manifesto.

Since jimmy did not allow the comments on his post, I’d like to comment it here hoping he would find the way back to it.

I almost completely agree with almost the whole analysis and call stated in the Manifesto. I will thus not state the obvious: I won't copy paste what I agree with.

I will comment on what I would like to comment on.

First: On compromise and justice.
If justice is a feeling, the more compromise it goes through the more the feeling of justice would sound flat and tasteless. In order for a solution to be fair, some lines can not be crossed. I know no solution will be achieved without compromise, but justice will not be achieved when justice go through compromises.
I don't think compromise will achieve peace. Justice will.


Second: On the Nazis and their shame
I hope the world will not live to see a crime putting the Nazis to shame. Now Israel committed crimes, lots of them, even committed massacres and some long term ethnic-transfer plans. Israel is evil. But hey, the Nazis went way beyond that.


Now, I join Jimmy's call for the humanists to unite. Revolutionize the world. Resist.

2 comments:

jimmy said...

Mo, thanks for relaying the message.

I don't believe that justice is universal. Justice is also a result of human analysis. Compromise is the bridge that links different concepts of 'justice'.
My expression regarding the Nazis is an exageration.

I'm glad we have two signatures for now. It's time for this manifesto to be endorsed by many, many others. My problem is that my blog is read by very few and i do need help in spreading the word.

Unity is the key.
Peace.

Mo said...

the least i could do.

Well i just wanted to say that some compromises can be made, some should not.